Saturday, February 25, 2012

1st Birthday Cake for a cute birthday boy


Do you know what a smash cake is? Recently I have been to a lot of 1st birthday parties and one of the new trends is to have a special cake for the birthday boy or girl to "smash" apart and eat.

When my friend asked me to make a jungle themed birthday cake for her son's first birthday, I put together this fun cake and also made a small smash cake for the birthday boy!

The assembly of this cake was easy. The bottom layer was made by stacking two 8 inch rounds. The top layer was made by stacking two 6 inch rounds.I did use dowels in the bottom layer for some extra support since the cakes were so dense. The smash cake was a single 6 inch cake. The filling was chocolate buttercream and the frosting was regular buttercream tinted with wilton gel food coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment