Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wedding Shower: Orange and Green Cupcakes and Cookies

Here are some pictures from the wedding shower I just helped throw for one of my best friends! We have known each other since my freshman year of college, and I am so excited to be celebrating her wedding day with her!


The colors for the wedding are green and orange, so I had to make sure that the cupcakes and favors (decorated sugar cookies) fit right in!

I decorated the cupcakes with buttercream frosting tinted with Wilton's leaf green coloring. I used a medium sized star tip to decorate. Then I topped each cupcake with a simple orange flower that I pipped using orange tinted royal icing.

I felt like there were cupcakes everywhere in my kitchen that day!!!

The favors were simple sugar cookies decorated to again match the green and orange theme.

Again, I felt like my kitchen was taken over! But these cookies were really simple. I used royal icing to pipe a boarder on the edges of the cookies and a simple sugar cookie frosting to fill in the rest. The white flowers in the middle were also made by pipping royal icing.

All in all the shower was a success and everyone loved the treats! I can't wait to celebrate with the bride and groom at the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment