Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Memory Jar 2012

I have been meaning to work on this project for the last 2 months, ever since I saw it on pinterest. Oh well, better late than never!

I thought that this would be a great way to capture memorable events and happy memories throughout the year. The plan is to jot things down on small pieces of paper and then put them into the jar for the next 12  (ok...I know its almost March....10) months of the year. Then on New Years Eve we will open the jar and read all of the messages.

Hopefully this will be a great way to remember the happiness that we experience throughout 2012!

This jar has been sitting around my house for a long time, in fact I think that my hubby used it to collect change back in college. It has been sitting unused for awhile now. To make the sign for the front I just cut three different pieces of scrap booking paper (2 into squares and 1 into the scalloped shape) using my paper cutter and my Sizzix cutter. Then I attached the metal piece using two brads (this was a remnant from an old Stampin Up set of metal scrap booking pieces).  I used a black fine tipped marker to write the year. Finally I added the ribbon of raffia on the jar's lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment